Eligible investment projects are classified into two major categories:
Energy efficiency (EE) investments:
Projects that reduce energy consumption while maintaining or improving production capacity:
- Various types of efficient production machinery and equipment: CNC machines, conveyor production lines, presses, painting chambers, driers, furnaces, ovens, etc.
- Heating, ventilation, cooling, and light systems: efficient boilers and heaters, air conditioning systems, refrigerators and freezers, centralised ventilation systems, LED lighting, biomass boilers, etc.
- Improvements in the insulation and windows of buildings: new or additional external wall insulation, replacement of windows
- Transportation vehicles or agricultural equipment: tractor units, tractors, combines, drip irrigation systems, sprayers, etc.
Renewable energy (RE) investments:
Project that generate and/or consume energy resources that are inexhaustible or that can be restored quickly:
- Photovoltaic panels
- Solar panels to heat water for business applications
- Heat pumps and complete geothermal energy solutions for heating and cooling applications
- Energy production systems that use biomass and biogas
- Wind turbines
Assessment of eligibility of EE/RE investments:
Depending on the size and complexity of your project, a simplified Energy Audit is required. This assessment will be carried out by the technical specialists from the R2E2 Fund; they will analyse your project according to the programme’s technical and eligibility criteria. The results of the analysis will available within two days.
Investments which do not require a simplified energy audit are registered in the positive list of standard EE/RE investment measures.
Positive list of standard EE/RE investment measures:
|Classification||Eligible measure (≤ AMD 80 million)||Eligibility criteria|
|Heating, ventilation and air conditioning||Gas boiler for heating or hot water||thermal efficiency > 90%|
|Condensing boiler for heating or hot water||always eligible|
|Installation of an air-to-air or water-to-air heat pump as a space heat resource||always eligible|
|Air conditioning split units||new, with inverter technology or new, with COP ≥ 3.0 (European Energy Efficiency class at least B)|
|Air conditioning VRF system with multi-split||always eligible|
|Lighting||Efficient lighting systems||LED or ≥ 80 Lumen/Watt|
|Process heating||Steam boiler for industrial purposes||thermal efficiency > 83%|
|Process cooling||Commercial cooling appliances (chest freezers, cooling vitrines)||new with European Energy Efficiency class A (or higher)|
|Cooling chambers (≥ 0°C)||new cooling compressor and thermal insulation of chamber ≥ 8 cm|
|Freezing chambers (< 0°C)||new cooling compressor and thermal insulation of chamber ≥ 10 cm|
|Building envelope||Building insulation of walls and roofs||≥ 5 cm thermal insulation internal or external surface (foam plastic / extruded polystyrene XPS)|
|Windows and door installation||double- or triple-glazed and thermal breaks|
|Food processing equipment||Industrial mixer||new, with at least two speeds or new, with electronic controls|
|Ovens for bakeries||new, convection oven with electronic controls or new, rotatory oven with electronic controls|
|Transport||Fuel-to-gas switch||always eligible|
|Heavy-duty vehicles (≥ 7.5t)||new, or ≤ 3 years|
|Construction vehicles (excavators, bulldozers, etc.)||new vehicles|
|Other EE measures||Printing machines||new machines|
|Solar energy||Photovoltaic systems||always eligible|
|Solar water heating systems||warranty ≥ 5 years, solar keymark certification|